Rivet clips are a type of trim clip that is used to hold trim pieces securely in place on a vehicle. They are typically made of plastic or metal and are inserted into a hole in the vehicle’s frame, where they expand to lock in place and hold the trim in place.
Rivet clips are designed to be a permanent fastening solution, and once they are installed, they cannot be easily removed without damaging the clip or the vehicle’s frame. They are commonly used for attaching door trim, body-side molding, and other exterior or interior trim pieces. The worn or damaged clips may not hold the trim securely in place. It’s always best to check the vehicle manual or consult a dealership or authorized repair shop for the correct clips to use.
Rivet clips are a versatile fastening solution that can be used in a variety of applications. Some common uses of rivet clips include:
- Automotive trim: Rivet clips are commonly used to attach door trim, body side molding, and other exterior or interior trim pieces on vehicles. They provide a secure and permanent fastening solution that can withstand the vibration and movement of the vehicle.
- Industrial equipment: Rivet clips are often used to attach panels, covers, and other components on industrial equipment and machinery. They can withstand high vibration and high loads, making them ideal for heavy-duty applications.
- Furniture and appliances: Rivet clips are also used in the manufacture of furniture and appliances, where they can be used to attach panels, trim, and other components.
- Construction: Rivet clips are also used for construction applications, such as attaching metal roofing, siding, and other building components.
- Other uses: Rivet clips can be used in other industries such as electrical, mechanical, and HVAC. They are used to fix parts, panels, covers, etc.